August Recap + September Intentions
One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever. (Robert Holden)
Another month down, another fresh page on the calendar. August came in like a drippy popsicle, then washed away like a quick summer rain. Our wedding is in less than 3 months, and I'm trying not to wish the days away. I want to savor these moments. The final weeks of our engagement, the wedding planning, the last days of summer, and the first hints of fall.
I was thinking that my goals for August were a complete disaster. In my mind, I failed at every last one of them. This is definitely not the case, and I'm grateful to have these monthly posts to remind me that I'm doing just fine.
To review, my intentions for August:
- Go on a date night with my Mister - Complete! I surprised him with dinner & a movie.
- Exercise daily (even if just for a short while) - Not even close. I'm starting to think that I should do away with "daily" goals for now. It seems like those are too far out of reach.
- Plan out editorial calendars for the rest of 2014 - Nope, but I have been thinking about this. I want to get on it because these next few months are going to fly by.
- Make a dent in our wedding plans - 100% yes. Our wedding planners have everything on track and we're thrilled with how it's turning out.
- Finish reading one fiction book - Yep! I finished The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert. This was the first fiction book I've read in awhile... my last one was Twilight or Fifty Shades (same thing, right?). More thoughts to come in a book review.
- Read one non-fiction book - Yep! I finished It Starts With Food by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig yesterday, but since it was a holiday I'm counting this for August.
- Start my Whole 30 on Sunday, August 17th - Yes... today is day #17 and I'm feeling good! Read my recap of the first 12 days here.
- Hang our engagement pictures over the bed - Yep! Here's a picture of how they turned out. Our photographer, Taylor Lord, is super talented. We know she's going to do such an amazing job documenting our wedding day!
- Make time to do absolutely nothing - I did not do this as intentionally as I would have liked to, but our trip to North Carolina had some lake-side "nothing" moments.
- Ask my two little sisters if they will be my flower girls / junior bridesmaids - Yes! I went with a ring pop proposal and we spent the day shopping for their dresses.
- Celebrate my Mister’s 30th birthday with friends - Done! He has some amazing college buddies in Charlotte who hosted us for a special two-part celebration. On the first night we hung out, ate ice-cream cake, and played Cards Against Humanity. On the second night we enjoyed a fancy dinner at 5Church (I really wanted to go after reading this review on Peanut Butter Fingers). We finished the night at a 90s dance club. Yes, there is such a thing. Yes, it was amazing and it made us feel old.
September is sure to be a full month. I have a few thirty before thirty things planned, my first dress fitting, and my Mister and I will be in Europe for the last 2 weeks. He's going for work, and I'm tagging along. We are so excited about the adventures ahead, but we also have to be super productive before we take off.
Here are my September intentions — what are yours?
make two playlists: one for running & one for travel run in my first race since back surgery two years ago buy some new art and finishing touches for our bathroom read one fiction book - title TBD read one non-fiction book - Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism finish my Whole30 with total commitment go on our 21-day trip with just these 2 pieces of luggage + 2 carry-ons write & pre-schedule some blog posts to go live during our travels take at least one solo-trip during our Europe adventure
Image via Unsplash
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click + purchase I will receive a small commission. Thank you for reading & supporting An Extraordinary Adventure!