Falling Into Place
Be in love with your life. Every detail of it. (Jack Kerouac)
This has quickly become one of my favorite seasons. Things seem to have just clicked into place. The weather has been perfect. My Mister and I have been busy, but we have found a balance between fun and relaxation during our down time.
Not everything is easy, but I have a sense of ease in my heart. A calm of what's familiar, while teetering on the edge of so much that is new. My Mister has taken on a lot of new responsibilities at work. I am starting a new business. This past weekend we celebrated 6-years as a couple, and yet our life together is just getting started.
The mix of new and old is nice. Like sandwiching new recipes between favorites in a meal plan. Getting to test and experiment, while also counting on the proven.
I have felt this way before. In the summer. When everything is a little breezy and sweet. And it feels like it won't last, because it never does. For now, I'm going to focus on how I feel and what is right in front of me. Because it's delicious and I know it could go away.
Here are a few things I have been loving lately:
- Listening to summer tunes and inspiring podcasts
- Starting my days with bulletproof-style coffee
- Taking afternoon breaks for rooftop yoga classes
- Watching The Bachelorette and Real Housewives OC + NYC
- Sipping on Harmless Harvest Coconut Water over ice
- Making new friends, exploring new parts of Austin
- Using CoSchedule to plan blog posts here and on Happy Living
- Finding fresh inspiration on Instagram
- Writing on the patio, reading by the pool
- Letting my hair dry naturally and going days without makeup
Image via Unsplash
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click + purchase I will receive a small commission. Thank you for reading & supporting An Extraordinary Adventure!