You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you. (Maya Angelou)
Happy February to you, my lovelies! I am so thrilled to begin a fresh month, especially since we get a bonus day on the 29th. How did your January shape up?
I completed the Whole Living Action Plan as I intended. Giving up processed foods, added sugar, dairy, gluten, caffeine, and alcohol for four weeks seemed daunting at first, but I'm so glad I went for it. I also finished reading Style Statement. I'll share my reactions and reveal my statement soon!
REVIEW :: January Intentions.
- Drink 10 glasses of water daily. I got to 10 glasses daily by the 3rd week. One helpful trick—I keep a full glass on my nightstand & drink it up first thing in the morning.
- Get to bed by 10pm & wake up by 5am. Progress! I've started to wake up around 4:55 without an alarm. I love rising just before my phone starts buzzing.
- Eat clean, work out, smile. I took the first week easy to give my body time to acclimate to the cleanse, but I worked out 5 days each week for the rest of January!
- Blog to schedule - 12 posts. Nearly got it. I ended up reading Style Statement slower than planned, so I only posted 11 times. Keeping to my content map has helped immensely and I'm determined to hit my posting goal this month.
- Sign up for 1/2 marathon. I'm registered for the RunRaleigh Half Marathon on April 15. Total miles on my training schedule? 205. Time to make a new playlist!
SET :: February Intentions.
Thanks to those of you who shared your enthusiasm for the iPhone wallpaper I created with my January goals. I loved it so much that I plan to make a new one for each month. Check out my goals for February below.
CELEBRATE :: I'm Looking Forward to...
- #febphotoaday. I joined Fat Mum Slim's #janphotoaday late in the game and never got into a good photo-taking rhythm. I'm looking forward to giving February a serious try. Come say "hi" on Instagram, I'm @kaileenelise.
- A date a week. Taking a social sabbatical in January was great, but I'm ready to see my friends again! I have something fun on the calendar for each week: a night at the theater, Valentine's Day with my Mister, 1/2-off sushi dinner with my girlfriends ... and I'm hosting Bunco Night for a group of my 12 closest Chapel Hill friends.
- Visiting Yoga G33k. When Courtney and I met last year, I knew we would see each other again soon. I'm thrilled to go see her for a weekend of fun, yoga, and girl talk.
What are your goals or intentions this month? My word for February is Heart (my originality is scary) so through the month, I'll be striving to infuse love and heart in everything I do.