Let's Reverb 2011
December 2010 was memorable. Alongside Gwen Bell and Cali Harris, I poured my heart into a passion project we called Reverb 10. It was an online community initiative with daily prompts for the entire month. A follow-up to Gwen's original Best of '09 blog series.
We traveled to Napa, CA for a few days — staying up late to kick things off. We took turns tweeting, writing, and connecting. The month's focus was on sharing stories, featuring inspired authors, and diving deep. There was a magical energy, with the community reflecting on 2010 and manifesting what would be next.
I wrote a series of 21 posts for Reverb 10. You can find my archives here.
Annual projects can be challenging, especially virtual ones. We are all in different places today than we were a year ago. Yesterday, in a message to the Reverb subscriber list, Gwen explained she won't be hosting Reverb this year. Instead, she shared how we did it.
Now you can host your own Reverb, if you wish. To paraphrase her guidelines:
- Create 31 prompts for the month of December.
- Post those prompts to your blog.
- Invite other people to join you!
- Publish on the topics each day.
- Use a hash tag to connect via Twitter (we used #reverb10 last year).
- Support one another by sharing links, commenting, etc.
- Create buttons to show that you’re hosting your own Reverb.
The initiative lies in your hands, in the hearts of a greater community. If you plan to move forward with Reverb this year, I encourage you to use the #reverb11 hashtag on Twitter.
I would like to follow your work through December, I want to know what prompts you are writing on, and I hope to be part of your Reverb. Please email me with updates, questions and thoughts - or say hello on Twitter.
How will you Reverb? Do you plan to create your own prompts? Here are the questions I plan to reflect on for Reverb 11. I'm calling them my 31 Mini Muses:
- Where did 2011 begin?
- Who did you meet?
- What books did you read?
- When did you struggle?
- What did you discover?
- Who was important to you?
- What do you hope to remember?
- Where did you spend money?
- When were you most scared?
- What questions did you ask?
- Who surprised you?
- What did you learn?
- When did you feel the most relaxed?
- Where did you leave a mark?
- What movies did you see?
- What did you accomplish?
- When were you the most grateful?
- Who touched your heart?
- Where did you visit?
- When did you cry?
- Where did you spend your time?
- What were your favorite songs?
- Who did you miss?
- When did you take the easy way?
- Where did you eat?
- Which blogs did you enjoy most?
- When did you celebrate?
- What are your dreams for next year?
- Who will attract into your life?
- What do you want to do in 2012?
- Where do you hope to be on Jan 1, 2013?
I have other posts planned through December, things I'm excited to write about and share beyond my Reverb. That being said, I intend to journal and post and reflect and manifest.
I hope you will join me.
Image Credit: We All Reverb
Would you like to receive my posts via email? Sign up today for Inbox Inspiration & Muse Memos.