September Recap + October Intentions
You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings. (Elizabeth Gilbert)
Hello, friends. I hope you are having a very happy start to October. It really does not feel like a new month since I'm in a travel time warp. We're traveling from Paris to Edinburgh today, then home to Austin on Sunday. When we step back into our apartment, things will start feeling a bit more real.
Similar to how the start of October has been eclipsed by our travels, September was magical, strange, disorganized, and amazing. Everything considered, I am quite pleased with how my intentions for the month turned out.
To review, my intentions for September:
- Make two playlists – Easy, fun, and done! I put together this playlist for my 10K and another for our travels (that I'll share in an upcoming post).
- Run in my first race since back surgery two years ago – Yes! I ran faster than planned and had a blast with my Mister.
- Buy some new art and finishing touches for our bathroom – No progress. Preparing for our travels took priority, so I'm planning to revisit this in October.
- Read one fiction book – I went on a bit of a fiction binge this month, reading: Big Little Lies, The Husband's Secret, and Me Before You. All three were great.
- Read one non-fiction book – I am still working on Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism...
- Finish my Whole30 with total commitment – Done! I am really happy with how this went and I'm planning to start another Whole30 when we get back from our trip.
- Go on our 21-day trip with 2 pieces of luggage + 2 carry-ons – Did it! Here's how.
- Write & pre-schedule some blog posts to go live during our travels – Sorta, not really.
- Take at least one solo-trip during our Europe adventure – Nope. Our travels have been busy and I've dedicated my solo time to working, resting, exercising, and reading.
Since it feels like the stakes are high, I am trying to keep my October intentions realistic. I want to use the next few weeks to become reacquainted with our normal, non-travel routine. I want to do what I can to be proactive and strategic with my time.
Here are my October intentions — what are yours?
decorate the "empty corners" of the apartment eat clean and exercise often because there's just 7 weeks until the wedding now! put together weekly meal plans + make some freezer meals work on our wedding to-do list: vows, songs, gifts, seating arrangements, etc. post the remaining Europe trip recaps (like these highlights from London) order photo books from our last 2 international trips finish Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism and Daring Greatly before starting another book share a thirty before thirty check-in
Image via Death to the Stock Photo
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click + purchase I will receive a small commission. Thank you for reading & supporting An Extraordinary Adventure!