A Weekend Recap
Energy and persistence conquer all things. (Benjamin Franklin)
Hello lovelies! How was your weekend?
Mine was quite wonderful. On Saturday, my friend and I drove 2 hours to our nearest Ikea. I picked up a few goodies including some picture frames and Christmas ornaments. I also had my eye on this NYC print, but I couldn't think of where it could go in our apartment.
We stopped at a great outlet mall on the way home, where I found the cutest Kate Spade sunglasses (at a huge discount)! Saturday night my Mister and I stayed in, enjoyed some veggie chili, and relaxed on the couch. I painted my nails — Holly by Zoya on my toes and Milky Way by Essie on my fingers.
I've been trying to get myself in the habit of waking up early, so on Sunday I set my alarm for 5:00 am. It was a quiet and peaceful morning spent sipping tea and reading. Something I don't do too often, but oh what a treat!
Yesterday I also ran a 5K with some friends. I figured it would be nice to run through some local neighborhoods, especially since the leaves are so beautiful this time of year. I haven't trained seriously in months, so the race turned into a bit of a reality check. I have some work to do before signing up for my next half marathon!
Last night I sat down with my Filofax and November goals for a quick check-in. Can you believe that this month is nearly 1/2 over?! As I mentioned in my Intentions for November post, it's been awhile since I really focused on achieving the goals I set for myself. While I'm not on track for everything, I have made some nice progress:
- Blog 5 times a week :: Week 1 - success! Week 2, just 2 posts. Week 3, working on getting back in gear.
- Try 2 new recipes :: Done and done. I've already tried 3 new recipes already this month.
- Workout 5 times each week :: Not quite, but I'm working on this too. I'm on a 2 day streak with yesterday's 5K and an easy 2 mi run this morning.
- Run 2 races :: 5K complete. Now it's time to get some good training in before the 8K on Thanksgiving.
- Finish reading A Place of Yes and Loving Frank :: I finished Loving Frank yesterday, so I'm half way there!
- Finish Christmas cards :: Still on the hunt for these. I really want to work on these over Thanksgiving weekend, so hopefully I'll make a decision soon.
- Plan gifts for family & friends :: Making significant progress! I ordered some great gifts from DAVIDsTEA and Sephora last night.
I'm hoping to follow up this great weekend with a lovely week. What about you, my friends? Did you have a nice weekend? What are you looking forward to this week?
Image Credit: Untitled via Always Bë Cool