Holiday Tunes

Sterne - Stars

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy,
is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
(Calvin Coolidge)

I love Christmas music. As soon as we were finished with our Thanksgiving leftovers, I started pulling together mixes and new stations on Pandora. There’s something about holiday tunes that gets me in the spirit and lifts my mood.

Three of the best holiday Pandora stations I’ve found include: Bing Crosby & Andrews SistersElla Fitzgerald, and Indie Holidays.

I’ve also made a playlist with a few of my favorites for this time of year. I’ll have this list playing in the background while finishing up our Christmas cards, wrapping gifts and baking cookies. All the links lead to iTunes, so head over and have a listen!

Linus & Lucy / Vince Guaraldi Trio
The Christmas Waltz / She & Him
Winter Song / Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
Sleigh Ride / Ella Fitzgerald
Jingle Bells / James Taylor
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! / Aaron Neville
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree / Brenda Lee
‘Zat You, Santa Claus? / Louis Armstrong
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas / Frank Sinatra
White Christmas / Bing Crosby
December / Norah Jones
Silent Night / Sarah Brightman
Holly Jolly Chirstmas / Michael Bublé

What are your favorite holiday songs, albums and/or Pandora stations? I would love for you to share in the comments below!

Image Credit: Sterne – Stars via Gertrud K

, ,

7 Responses to Holiday Tunes

1. Jennifer December 6, 2011 at 8:20 am #

I Just bought Michael Buble Christmas CD, its so good!

2. Amy December 6, 2011 at 10:25 am #

I will second the commenter above who suggested Michael Buble! Love him! I’m also a big fan of Sarah McLachlan’s “Wintersong” album. So lovely!

Also: I’ve been reading along for a bit (found you via AshleyTIA and Sarah) and I’m loving your blog so much!

3. Just Real Happy December 6, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

I love Winter Song. That one is definitely on my Christmas playlist as well.

4. Mental Mosaic December 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm #

I love Christmas music, too, especially The Nutcracker and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Oh, I’ve also got a CD of holiday tunes played with – get this – power tools! :)

~Tui

5. micaela December 7, 2011 at 11:29 am #

i still listen to the holiday mix you made me two years ago! u2’s “Father Christmas” is my absolute favorite.

My all time favorite christmas song is “O Holy Night”– it’s so pretty and gives me goosebumps every single time i hear it (right now i’m listening to Nat King Cole’s version).

XO

6. Stef December 7, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

I love, love, love Christmas music! Almost every single song you mentioned is on any one of my given Christmas playlists. My husband does most of the song searching for us and I love him for that. I also love…

Jack Johnson – Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    Snow Day & Holiday Road – Matt Pond PA
    Jason Mraz – Winter Wonderland

7. Carrie Marie December 11, 2011 at 12:30 am #

mmm, yes! christmas music is amaaazing! : ) i just got michael buble’s album, and have been listening to that & my Glee Christmas cd’s. i also have a new amy grant, but haven’t listened to it yet. and i need to watch white christmas tomorrow. : )