Thanksgiving Dinner for Two

piecesofapril

Once, there was this day…this one day when…
everyone realized they needed each other.
(April Burns in Pieces of April)

I have rather elaborate plans for Thanksgiving considering it will only be my mister and me. With our families scattered across the country, it made sense to stay put again.

Last year we cooked our first turkey together. It came out perfectly, despite our trepidation. Because it’s his favorite holiday, I spared no expense to make it special.

My intentions are the same—to cook in my PJs and enjoy the smells of familiar foods in my kitchen. We might not be surrounded by family, but we’ll have each other.

I am confident we will be able to pull off the menu below. We might be eating leftovers until Christmas and I’m really ok with that!

Breakfast in Bed:
eggs, bacon, hash-browns and blueberry-sour cream muffins

Game-time Lunch:
deviled eggs and salami with sharp cheddar sandwiches

Dinner Feast:
turkey, his grandma’s green beans, mashed potatoes, my great-grandma’s stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, corn, lots of turkey gravy

Delicious Dessert:
chocolate caramel-nut cheesecake

photo credit: Pieces of April

, , , ,

8 Responses to Thanksgiving Dinner for Two

1. AnalieseMarie November 22, 2009 at 4:47 pm #

oh my goodness…that sounds absolutely incredible! do you make the green beans with the fried onions on top? i love those. it’s one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving!

2. Stephanie November 23, 2009 at 7:09 am #

Your Thanksgiving Day menu sounds delish! My husband and I are also spending the day at home. We typically travel to New York for Thanksgiving, but we decided to stay home this year. I have a post coming about that later today.

Well chica, I hope you have a great day, week, Thanksgiving weekend. Tweet with ya later!

xo.

p.s. I’m so posting my menu too.. I’ll link back ;)

3. GraceGal November 23, 2009 at 9:46 am #

Sounds luxurious. I am having a house full of family. I’m sure there may be a moment or two in the chaos when I think of you in your PJs. :) Have fun!

4. Chelsa Bea November 23, 2009 at 10:32 am #

Yummy menu. Looks delicious. Fiance and I are having are cooking Thanksgiving for 3 – him, his sister and me. As much as I love little Thanksgivings, I adore small ones, too. Can’t wait to start cooking :D

5. Brenda November 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm #

Kaileen,
    You will both be in our thoughts as you cook your way through your Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful that you have each other to share it with.
    Hugs,
    Brenda

6. Carolyn November 23, 2009 at 4:33 pm #

Uhhh CAN I COME OVER??????

7. Jamey November 23, 2009 at 7:05 pm #

That menu sounds wonderful! I’m glad my brother has someone to share Thanksgiving with. If he gives you any trouble, just hide the deviled eggs from him. :) Hope to meet you soon!

8. melita November 30, 2009 at 12:30 am #